Bring your strong software development expertise to Morphean and help us reach our next product milestones.
Morphean is a European leader in online video monitoring and surveillance, with a revolutionary VsaaS (Video Surveillance as a Service) solution that sets the new standard for video protection. With 15 years’ experience as a pioneer in digital video protection systems, we use cutting-edge technology to provide smart, proactive surveillance for customers, in addition to state-of-the-art marketing tools to monitor trends and improve their business. From capture with IP cameras to recordings in the cloud, from smart analysis to automatic alerts or tailored business intelligence tools, our platform ensures video surveillance and monitoring is relevant and straightforward.
As software developer you will be responsible for defining and implementing features on cloud-based product and interact with IoT devices such as cameras, locks, sensors, and more.
- Active involvement in all project phases from design to implementation and test as part of an international team
- Take ownership of an existing video platform (PHP) and lead its refactoring to our new state of the art micro-services architecture (Java)
- Analyse existing implementation and propose, design and implement new solutions that will cope with growing load on Morphean platform
- Ensure that the proposed solutions are scalable and maintainable in the long run
- Propose the proper technologies to speed up new features development
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Collaborate with architects on several features
What we expect
- Experience in producing one or more commercial applications
- Expertise in PHP and Java
- Expertise in video management is an asset
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure and data streaming/management is an asset
- Very good understanding of RESTful architecture
- Familiar with continuous delivery and automated testing principles
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL database design
- CFC (Certificat Fédéral de Capacité) / Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field;
- Advocate of continuous delivery and automated testing principles
- Fluent in English. Other languages an asset
- Very good understanding and adhesion to agile values & practices
- Interested to work with colleagues aboard and open to discover and understand their culture
- Experience or interest in some to the following technologies
- Data Streaming: Kafka, Redis, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Hub
- Database: SQL, MySQL, Snowflake, Azure Data Lake, NoSQL, timeseries, Cassandra
- CI/CD : Git, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Sonar, Maven
- Container & orchestration: Docker/Kubernetes
Morphean offers flexible working conditions. This position is based in Granges-Paccot, Switzerland with possibility to work partially from home.
Morphean is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law
Morphean’s mission is to bring to the market innovative video surveillance, access control and business intelligence solutions, especially hosted service/ management platforms, incident detection and video content analysis technology.